Today’s recipe zucchini & sweet potato fritters are inspired by Pete Evans and also is a recipe that I have been meaning to bring you for some time.
These fritters are gluten and dairy free and are suitable for Paleo. If you can’t eat egg or are vegetarian or vegan, then you can replace the egg with mashed potato. Chef In You has a handy guide for replacing egg in various meals.
I hope you enjoy my latest recipe.
Zucchini and Sweet Potato Fritters – includes vegan option too. These fritters are packed full of flavour and are super easy to make.
- 500 grams zucchini, grated
- 250 grams sweet potato, peeled and grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add grated zucchini and grated sweet potato to a colander, add a pinch of sea salt, mixing through the zucchini and sweet potato. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Add to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil), mixing thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate heat. Using a soup spoon, scoop out a heaped spoon of the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don’t touch. (I made my fritters around 6-7cm diameter).
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels.
- Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
If you can’t eat egg or are vegetarian or vegan, then you can replace the egg with mashed potato.
PIN FOR LATER