Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to spoil your loved one with this healthy and refined sugar free Raw Strawberry + White Chocolate Slice.
This Raw Strawberry + White Chocolate is gluten, dairy and of course, refined sugar free and will be a hit on Valentine’s Day. For more Valentine’s Day healthy treat inspiration, make sure to check out my Strawberry Cream Truffles and Raw Strawberry Chocolates.
Have an amazing Valentine’s Day!
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1 cup organic dessicated (or shredded) coconut
- 1 cup macadamias (or cashews)
- 1 + 1/2 cups organic desiccated (or shredded) coconut
- 1 x 250 grams fresh organic strawberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (or extract)
White Chocolate Layer
- 1/2 cup of cacao butter
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or paste)
- To make the base layer, add the base layer ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Spoon mixture into a lined slice tin (20x20cm) and press down with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer.
- To make the strawberry layer, Add strawberry layer ingredients to a high speed blender (or food processor) and process until smooth. Add to the base and smooth over with a spatula or back of a spoon and place into the freezer for at least 1 hour to set.
- To make the white chocolate layer, melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat (I highly recommend shaving or chopping the cacao butter into smaller portions before adding to the double boiler). Add the organic maple syrup and vanilla extract to the double boiler and whisk until combined. When well combined pour over the centre and place back into the freezer and let it set completely, approximately 2-3 hours, to allow it to slice better.
- When set, remove from the slice tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (I recommend the freezer as it keeps the slice really firm).
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the slice to set in the freezer.