I really love truffles (aka bliss balls)! They are healthy, taste amazing and are super easy to prepare. They are the perfect dessert to make if you are short on time.
And today’s truffles recipe is no exception – Raw Chocolate Peppermint Truffles.
I am a big fan of chocolate and peppermint together and I use peppermint essential oil to flavour my desserts. Not only does peppermint oil add some deliciousness to my desserts, it also can do the following:
- Peppermint essential oil is great for alleviating stomach upset
- Peppermint essential oil promotes a healthy respiratory function
- AND it is amazing in increasing alertness and focus, which is so useful for us mamas, especially when we have had a crap night’s sleep and struggling to get through the day. I use peppermint oil daily, whether in my food or in my diffuser.
- 1 + 1/2 cups medjool dates
- 5 drops food grade peppermint essential oil (or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract)
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 Cup desiccated coconut
- Add all ingredients except the desiccated coconut to a blender and blend until it forms a sticky mixture. Roll the mixture into small balls and coat them in the desiccated coconut.
- Place on a lined baking tray and freeze or refrigerate until firm. Store in the refrigerator.