I have been a big fan of chia puddings for quite some time now and I have an amazing selection of chia recipes that you can try, including apple walnut chia pudding and vanilla chia breakfast pudding. I have more recently become a fan of matcha green tea powder and have been regularly making Matcha Lattes instead of my usual flat whites.
So, I decided to combine them both to make this Matcha Chia Pudding and boy is it delish!
I do recommend starting with 1/2 a tablespoon of matcha powder to begin with, however you can increase it to 1 tablespoon if you like your matcha flavour strong.
I also topped this Matcha Chia Pudding with the Almond & Berry Breakfast Topper that I received from KOJA. It takes the chia pudding to another level with the added flavours and crunchyness that the topper provides.
If you have not heard of KOJA, then make sure you check my interview with it’s founder Kate Johansson in my Friday Foodie series.
I would love to hear which one is your favourite in the comments below. I have also tried the Chia Seed & Coconut Breakfast Topper with some greek yoghurt. It is so good!!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon matcha green tea powder (you can increase this to 1 tablespoon if you like your matcha stronger)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons KOJA Almond & Berry Breakfast Toppers
- Blend the almond milk, matcha powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a blender until nice and smooth. Place the chia seeds in a small bowl or glass and pour the liquid over the chia seeds, mixing thoroughly. Cover and place in the refrigerator to set overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, check that the chia seeds have gelled and top with the KOJA Breakfast Topper.
Cook Time does not include the time it takes the chia pudding to set.