This Mango and Passionfruit Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for the warmer months that are ahead of us here in Australia. Even better, is that it is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. WINNING!!
This dessert is one of the many that you can find in my ecookbook BecomingSweet – Say Yes To Dessert Again.
If you are after some other amazing raw desserts to try, then make sure you check out my raw chocolate raspberry slice, raw caramel slice bites, coconut rough, raw bounty slice and best ever caramel brownie slice.
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw macadamias (soaked for minimum 5 hours)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup (rice malt syrup or honey would also work)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mango
- 6 passionfruit
- To make the base: place macadamias, medjool dates and sea salt in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together. Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Rinse blender or food processor well.
- To make the middle layer: warm the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat until liquid, add the maple syrup and whisk to combine. In the blender or food processor place all ingredients and blend on high until very smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the mixture onto the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- To make the mango layer; add the mangoes to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth. Pour onto the first layer of filling and place into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the passionfruit layer; scoop out passionfruit pulp and layer over the top of the mango layer. Place in the freezer to set (minimum 2 hours).
- Use a warm knife to cut into slices
- Always keep in the freezer and remove 30 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw out a little.
- The cook time does not include the time it takes for the cheesecake to firm up in the freezer.