Today, I am bringing you one of the all time classics, Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark.
I have been sharing my raw chocolate recipes since starting Becomingness, with the first recipe being my adaptation of I Quit Sugar’s Raspberry Ripple – Dairy Free Raspberry Ripe. Since that recipe, I have experimented with many different flavour combinations, including my Macadamia Chocolate Bark and Coconut Rough.
So, when I decided to put together this Fruit + Nut Chocolate Bark, I thought why not share three different fruit + nut combinations.
- I have the classic Almond and Sultanas which is what the Cadbury’s Fruit + Nut is made of. For my version, I used blanched raw almonds and organic sultanas.
- The second option that I have included, is made with raw pistachios and organic dried cranberries. This is my personal favourite of the three combinations.
- Finally, the third option is made with raw macadamias (my favourite nut of all time) and organic dried goji berries.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
Fruit + Nut Combinations
- 1/4 cup blanched raw almonds + 1/4 cup organic sultanas
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios + 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw macadamias + 1/4 cup organic dried goji berries
- Line a plate or baking tray with baking paper, place your chosen fruit + combination on top.
- Add coconut oil to small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the organic maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate over the fruit and nuts, ensuring that they are evenly coated.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Take out and break apart to serve.