Welcome to my Christmas Recipe Countdown, where each day leading up to Christmas, I will be sharing recipes from some of my Friday Foodies, as well as a few from myself.
Be prepared for healthy, mouth watering recipes that will help you to cater for all your festive season parties, dinners and get together’s. Each recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
On day 20 of my countdown, I am featuring my Christmas Muffins.
These spiced Christmas Muffins are made with cranberries, pecans and flavoured with orange essential oil. nutmeg and cinnamon. The flavour is amazing! I also made these muffins with green banana flour, which you can purchase from Natural Evolution Foods. Green banana flour is a great gluten free flour alternative. It is made from green Cavendish bananas and is perfect for baking. Definitely a great option to try instead of almond meal and coconut flour.
- 1 + 1/3 cup banana flour (I used Natural Evolution Green Banana Flour. If you don’t have banana flour, you can also use gluten free flour instead)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup macadamia milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 drop cinnamon oil
- 3 drops orange oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg into a large bowl. Next, add the cranberries, coconut sugar and pecans.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, coconut oil, cinnamon and orange essential oils in a medium bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not over mix). Spoon evenly among the lined pans and lightly smooth over the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Turn onto a wire rack. Serve warm.