I am always on the lookout for new and exciting breakfast ideas and when I came across this Chocolate Walnut Breakfast Mousse recipe on Amy Crawford’s (aka The Holistic Ingredient) book ‘A Nourishing Kitchen’ and have had it for breakfast quite a few times now.
I love it as it is a little different than your standard breakfast meals, yet is still healthy and fills you up nicely.
My version has been amended slightly with less ingredients and can be made just before you want to eat/drink it, as the original version was recommended to be made the night before.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 tablespoon raw cacao (can be purchased at health food stores)
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (either organic maple syrup, raw honey or rice malt syrup)
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon maca powder (can be purchased at health food stores)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla essence or vanilla powder
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until really smooth.
- Pour into a glass and decorate with the walnuts and cacao nibs.