After my sharing my Banana Mug Cake recipe with you, I decided that I wanted to try and make a Chocolate Mug Cake.
The first one I made was a little dry, so I reduced the amount of coconut flour in my second attempt and it turned out really moist. I was going to sit on the recipe and share it a bit later, but I decided that I couldn’t do that to you, it’s too nice and too easy not to share straight away!
This chocolate mug cake literally takes 5 minutes to make – 3 minutes to prepare and 3 minutes to cook. It is also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. You can’t go wrong with that!
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or extract)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw/organic honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any other milk)
- Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder) to a large mug and mix.
- Add the melted coconut oil and honey; combining with the dry ingredients.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients; mixing well to combine. (The mixture can get a bit stuck on the sides, so make sure you scrape the sides down)
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until cooked through (the mug cake should be soft and springy to touch).