This Beef Stir Fry with Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles for those are not familiar with the name) is your perfect weeknight meal. It is easy to prepare, super healthy and packed full of flavour.
It is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and you can change it up by adding different vegetables. I wanted to add some oyster sauce to the stir fry sauce, but was unable to find an organic version. The only ones I could find were full of nasty additives and preservatives. However, the sauce I made up tastes delicious and has a great balance of sweet and sour flavours.
I bought my zoodle cutter at David Jones for around $20 and it works really well. However, I am thinking of upgrading to a spiralizer, now that I have more storage in my kitchen. There are numerous ways to make zucchini noodles. I really like my zoodle cutter as it is safe. I have had issues using mandolins in the past.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 400 grams beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large broccoli head, sliced into small florets
- 4 large zucchini, cut into noodles or long pasta (Using vegetable spiralizer, mandolin or zoodle cutter)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients, whisking to combine. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in large fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until browned. Then remove from fry pan and set aside. Next, add the carrots, broccoli and zucchini noodles and cook for 5-6 minutes until just tender. Then finally, add the beef back to the fry pan along with the sauce mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until well combined.
- Serve immediately.