For today’s recipe, I bring you Apple Buckwheat Pancakes.
These Apple Buckwheat Pancakes taste just the traditional version! In fact, you wouldn’t know that they were healthy and both gluten and dairy free if you had not read the ingredients. The apple and cinnamon flavour was absolutely delicious and the best thing about these pancakes is that they are so easy to make (and I mean easy!).
You can also make a nut free version, if you substitute the almond milk with coconut milk (or your preferred milk).
These will be one of your go-to breakfasts when you have guests overs and you need to cater for different eating preferences, as they easy to make and impressive to taste.
I hope you enjoy my latest recipe.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, grated (approx 1 + 1/4 cups grated apple)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (you may need more between batches)
- Combine buckwheat flour, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mixing to combine. Add the egg and almond milk to another bowl, whisking lightly to combine. Combine dry and liquid mixtures and stir thoroughly. Stir in the apples.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of apple mixture into pan and flatten gently with the back of a spoon. Cook in batches, for 1 – 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned.