You can probably tell that I am having a bit of an obsession with raw mini desserts.
For my latest recipe, I have adapted my raw lime cheesecake into these raw mini lime cheesecakes and this time I have made them with food grade lime essential oil. Not only does this lime oil provide amazing flavour to the mini cheesecakes, it also has the ability to uplift, balance and energise the body as well as a number of other benefits.
Another difference from my original raw cheesecake, was the addition of coconut cream. Which added a creamier consistency to these raw mini lime cheesecakes. Which is what you want in a cheesecake.
Am I right?
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 6 medjool dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup macadamias, preferably soaked overnight or minimum 4 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 drops food grade lime essential oil (or 1/4 cup lime juice)
- Zest of 2 limes, grated
- 1/4 cup water
- Lime zest or lime wedges
- Process the base ingredients in your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix until it resembles crumbs and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan (see note below) and press down with the back of a teaspoon.
- Add the cheesecake ingredients to your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix and process until smooth.
- Add to the bases and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon and place into the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Top with either grated lime zest or lime wedges
- Keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container
I recommend using either a mini silicon muffin tray or cut out little strips of baking paper to use as tabs at the bottom of the regular mini muffin tray, to make it easier to remove them from the muffin tray.
Cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw mini lime cheesecakes to freeze — approximately 2 hours, depending on the temperature of your freezer.